Squirrel!

Squirrel!

Hey Everyone!

It's been a while since I've posted on here.  Life has been busy. I've moved interstate, started making new friends in my new community then Corona Virus came along and shut everything down. I was struggling to focus with all the change in my life before the world turned upsidedown, and now that I'm in the middle of helping my kids do distance education, my brain is a little scattered.

Prior to becoming my kid's tutor, I was writing a romantic comedy novella but since my home has been invaded by student learners and a military cop, I've had trouble finding quiet moments to write.  Okay, so my home wasn't technically invaded - they all actually live here - but I'm used to everyone else leaving for the day and having time to myself to write. Even though I usually stay home every day, my routine is the one that's suffered the most upheaval. I've given up my office and my desk to hubby and all my time to my kids. Some of that time has turned into inspiration, though.

My daughter had a writing assignment to do. To write a narrative about a squirrel going on an adventure using some set plot points. The focus was on dialogue and description. While helping her brainstorm ideas, I became intrigued by this little squirrel.

We live in Australia and we don't have squirrels down here. I've only ever seen them at the zoo or when went to Bali on a family holiday a few years back. My focus was diverted, yet again, by a squirrel and I followed him down the winding trail.

I set my laptop up on the dining table and wrote alongside my kids while they did their schoolwork. This encouragement helped my daughter write the longest story she's ever written and that encouraged me to finish my squirrel story. To celebrate our accomplishments, I published our stories in the latest Chirpy Chapters book - Squirrel's Quest.


How cute is that cover?

The squirrel illustrations I used were so adorable that I decided to turn them into colouring-in sheets. You can download 8 colouring pages for free over here >>> https://payhip.com/b/rtK5

The book is available as ebook and paperback. The audiobook edition is on the way soon.



If you live in Australia, you can get a signed copy with free shipping here >>> https://payhip.com/b/70r1

Otherwise try Amazon, Book Depository or wherever you buy your paperbacks online.



Here's the blurb.

Everyone knows squirrels love to eat acorns, especially the creatures who like to eat squirrels...

Grey Squirrel wakes up to an empty house with an empty tummy. There's only one thing to do. Go and find himself something to eat. An acorn or three would be perfect.

All he needs to do is travel through the forest, over the river and across the clearing to the Old Oak Tree. What could possibly go wrong?