Lost Cause by J.L. Simpson

Lost Cause by J.L. Simpson

Daisy Dunlop loves a challenge but heir hunting is supposed to be easy. She can deal with anything her new job throws at her, except the bullets, bombs and working with P.I. Solomon Liffey. Her husband's best friend is supposed to be looking out for her, but when she uncovers Solomon’s biggest secret he's the one who needs protection.


Hey! Here's my review.

The audiobook narrator was a perfect fit for this story. I enjoyed the cosy mystery/amateur detective/light and fun feel. It was refreshing to read a story that focussed on the mystery and didn't get complicated by a romance thread. I kept expecting it to turn romantic, which would have disappointed me as the heroine claimed to be happily married. Thankfully, she remained happily married to the end, though got herself caught up in all manner of problems on the way.

★★★★

  • Where: Author Invitation
  • Format: audiobook