The Florentine Bridge by Vanessa Carnevale

The Florentine Bridge by Vanessa Carnevale

Young Australian artist Mia Moretti has been cancer free for nine months. But her battle with the illness has taken its toll, leaving her depressed and tormented by overwhelming fears. What’s more, she can’t seem to paint anymore. Mia needs a fresh start so when a surprise opportunity to travel to Tuscany presents itself, she takes it. With any luck, this trip will help her find whatever it is she needs to open her heart and start painting again.

What she doesn’t count on is meeting Luca, a handsome Italian mechanic. With his smile, his warmth and his inspirational outlook on all the good things life has to offer, he sweeps her off her feet. As Mia slowly lets down her walls and allows Luca in, her passion for life is reignited and her new perspective begins to inspire her art. But just when she’s ready to let go of her past, will a tragedy threaten her new life with Luca?

Full of heart and hope, a love story about la dolce vita in Tuscany.



Hey! Here's my review.

Now I want to learn to paint and travel to Italy! 

Vanessa has written an emotionally engaging and evocative tale of romance and self-discovery. The vivid descriptions of Italy and painting drew me in and the slow burn romance kept me turning pages. I really connected with Mia - I felt like I got right inside her head. And Luca **swoon** I could listen to him talk all day long. 

A fabulous debut from Vanessa - I'm looking forward to reading more of her work.


★★★★★

  • Where: NetGalley
  • Format: ebook