I Am Not an Idiot! by Jeff Amster

I Am Not an Idiot! by Jeff Amster

As parents, we often forget what it is like to be our kids' age. We struggle between their need for the here and now versus our desire to teach self-control and the realization of better things in the future. We see their increasing cravings of independence flipped against our nurturing instinct and guidance to view and care about the world around them.

This funny, yet discussion provoking book shows kids the balance between urges and broader issues compelling awareness to help them (and us as parents) achieve balance so we're not classified in the extreme.



Hey! Here's my review.

**Interview with my 5 and 7-year-olds**
Me: What did you think of this book?
5: Boo, actually yay. Awesome.
7: Oh yeah, oh yeah (complemented with dance moves).

Me: Which bit was your favourite?
5: When he said I am being an idiot.
7: My favourite bit when he said "I want pancakes," then "No, I don't. I want cereal," that was my favourite bit (there was actually no mention of pancakes or cereal in the book - LOL - he means the bit that talked about kids changing their mind about what they want to eat).

Me: Why?
5: Because he was saying "I am not an idiot," and now he's saying "I am being an idiot."
7: Because I like that bit because it sounds a bit funny.


★★★★★ 
  • Where: Author Invitiation
  • Format: pdf ARC