Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day

Hey Everyone!

Happy Mother's Day to all my Mummy readers (especially my Mummy - hi Mum)

Yesterday I had the opportunity to participate in the NT Writers' Festival Wordstorm program. The theme this year was the fabric of family. My favourite panel was the family recipe, a discussion about how those four authors incorporated food into their memoirs and how food helped them write about family. 

In the morning, I attended an editing workshop. Beth Yahp shared her editing skills wisdom with us, the process of reverse engineering a story and strengthening shaky foundations. She also described editing as walking in the snow without leaving footprints. The best thing I took away from the workshop was a new friend - it was a fantastic way to network and meet local writers who share my passion for words. 

Today I'm sipping coffee, eating chocolate (I hope they remembered to get me chocolate), cuddling my kids, calling my Mum and my Nanna, and praising scheduled blog posts that allow me to laze about on the couch reading while still appearing to be busy.

What are you doing on Mother's Day?

Mothers and Daughters
Four generations of girls
This was taken about five years ago
- the only time all four of us have been together