Roger Ascham and the King's Lost Girl by Matthew Reilly

Roger Ascham and the King's Lost Girl by Matthew Reilly

In this special prequel to Matthew Reilly’s The Tournament, Roger Ascham, the unorthodox tutor of Princess Elizabeth, is charged with tracking down a favourite prostitute of King Henry VIII’s who has gone missing.



Hey! Here's my review.



I’ve seen Matthew Reilly’s book around and recommended them to my hubby, but I’d never actually picked one up for myself until I spotted this short story for free on Audible. I love audiobooks, so snapped this one up straight away, though it has taken me a while to get to it. Once I clicked play, I was transported into the time of King Henry the Eighth and followed a teacher on an adventurous mystery solving journey. I was easily caught up in the story and devoured it all in one go. It was the perfect length to listen to over a lunch break, commute to work, or to hang a load of washing then have a cuppa like I did. I liked the main character, Roger, and enjoyed Matthew’s writing style. The narrator was fantastic, adding to my reading experience.

★★★★
  • Where: Audible
  • Format: audiobook