Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

As soon as Anne Shirley arrived at the snug,  white farmhouse called Green Gables, she knew she  wanted to stay forever... but would the Cuthberts  send her back to the orphanage? Anne knows she's not  what they expected -- a skinny girl with decidedly  red hair and a temper to match. If only she could  convince them to let her stay, she'd try very hard  not to keep rushing headlong into scrapes or blurt  out the very first thing she had to say. Anne was  not like anybody else, everyone at Green Gables  agreed; she was special -- a girl with an enormous  imagination. This orphan girl dreamed of the day  when she could call herself Anne of Green Gables. 



Hey! Here's my review.


I loved this book as a teen and haven't read it for years. I loved it even more this time around. I was reading another book that mentioned Anne of Green Gables several times, and I couldn't help but pick it up and read it again. 


I read it via audiobook this time - the free Librivox recording, narrated by Karen Savage. Karen did a great job of narrating and portrayed the non stop chatter of a teenage girl well. The only issue I have with Librivox is that at the beginning of each chapter, the narrator announces that "This is a Librivox Recording" etc, which throws you out of the story, then you have to get back in. Not to hard to cope with in exchange for a free recording though. 

The classic language was beautiful to listen to. I'd forgotten how funny this book was too. Looking forward to reading it with my daughter when she is a bit older.

★★★★★ 


Purchase links