The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton

The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton

Joe, Beth and Franny move to the country and find an Enchanted Wood right on their doorstep. In the magic Faraway Tree live the magical characters that soon become their new friends – Moon-Face, Silky the fairy, and Saucepan Man. Together they visit the strange lands (the Roundabout Land, the Land of Ice and Snow, Toyland and the Land of Take What You Want) atop the tree and have the most exciting adventures – and narrow escapes.



Hey! Here's my review.

This is the first book in my favourite series from when I was a kid. I have been waiting years until my kids were old enough to read it to them. Their grandparents gave them a copy for Christmas. It's not quite the same with Beth, Frannie and Joe instead of Bessie, Fanny and Jo, but still a great tale.

**Interview with my 6 year old son**

Me: What did you think of the book?
Him: It was really awesome!

Me: Which bit did you like the best?
Him: My favourite bit was when they found the secret forest. And my other favourite bit was when they found Sparkle... what's her name?
Me: Silky
Him: Yeah Silky and Moonface.

Me: Who was your favourite character?
Him: Ahh... every single one of them. Even Dame Wash-a-lot. 

Me: Which land would you like to go to?
Him: I would like to go to present for your Mum land. We didn't read about that one, I just made it up because I love you and if I went to the land where you get your Mum a present land I would be able to get you a present for Mother's Day.
Me: What about a land that was in the book?
Him: I would like to go to toyland too, to get a present for me.

Me: Do you want to read more about them?
Him: Yes!

Him: I want to write something.
Me: OK
Him typing:


I   lik  the  storRee  so   Much.

★★★★★
  • Where: Christmas gift from Grandparents 
  • Format: paperback 

Purchase links