One Way by Jeff Lane

One Way by Jeff Lane

Barry Griffith doesn’t know it yet, but tonight is the night fate has chosen to be the night of his death… his murder. At a gas station in the middle of nowhere, late at night, his wife Jenny appears… no car… no coat and looking older than when he saw her last. That’s because this is not the woman he received a good-bye kiss from this morning. This woman has been a widow for over four years and has made an impossible journey back in time to try to stop her husband’s murder. Will they be able to escape the killers or does fate only have one plan… one possible outcome… ONE WAY?



Hey! Here's my review.

This book had me enthralled the whole way through. The time travel aspect had me intrigued and the serial killer tension had me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't work out what was going to happen until it happened. 

The story is told in two alternating parts which come together at the end. One part is the story of Barry, whose wife turns up at a gas station and tries to help him avoid being killed. The other part is Jenny's story of dealing with her grief from Barry being murdered and how she was able to travel back through time to try to stop it. I was fascinated to discover the method of time travel Jenny was able to use. Does fate only have One Way, or can you change the past? You'll have to read it to find out! I was happy with how it ended and all the threads were tied up neatly. 

I listened to the audio version of this book, which is available for free via podiobooks.com. Jeff Lane did a fantastic job of narrating his own book. He spoke clearly, at a good pace and put all the emphasis where it was intended. The music at the beginning and end of each section enhanced my listening experience. It added to the tension and suited the book.


 ★★★★ 

Purchase links