Unlocked: An Oral History of Haden's Syndrome by John Scalzi

Unlocked: An Oral History of Haden's Syndrome by John Scalzi

A new near-future science fiction novella by John Scalzi, one of the most popular authors in modern SF. Unlocked traces the medical history behind a virus that will sweep the globe and affect the majority of the world’s population, setting the stage for Lock In, the next major novel by John Scalzi.



Hey! Here's my review.

This novella is available to read for free here. It is designed as complementary piece to the full length novel Lock In, but you don't need to read this prequel to enjoy the novel. I read this after I finished Lock In, (you can see my review here) but you could read it before. It is written in a different style to Lock In. Lock In is more a crime novel whereas this is a series of interviews explaining the history. I enjoyed it and felt like I had a greater understanding of the world.

★★★★
  • Where: tor.com
  • Format: webpage text online
Tip - I saved the short story to Pocket, then read it on my Kobo ereader.

Purchase links
Amazon | Kobo icon