Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Slammed by Colleen Hoover


Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.


Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.


Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.





Hey! Here's my review.

This is the first novel written by Colleen Hoover and the third one of hers I have read. She has definitely made it to my favourite authors shortlist! I can't wait to pick up the next book in this series. (It is sitting next to me as I type, ooo, I'm picking it up right now....no...no... put it back down and finish the review...)

This book introduced me to slam poetry, which is performance poetry. There are quite a few poems included throughout the book which add to the emotional punch. Reading Slammed was like riding on an emotional rollercoaster, tears of joy, tears of sorrow, tears of joy again. I really liked and empathised with all the main characters. I kept hoping they could find a way around their relationship barriers. If you like emotionally engaging, mature, young adult tragic romances, then this is your book. I don't want to say anymore in case I spoil the book.

Maybe one more thing........Pink Balloons.......(big fat hot tears dripping down my cheek)

★★★★
Purchase links
Amazon Kobo icon