Crossfire

Crossfire

Hey Everyone!

You may have noticed that I read a huge variety of genre. Here is my first review of erotica. I read the first three books in the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day ages ago and really enjoyed them. That was when I first started reading erotic fiction. I tried this series after reading the 50 Shades of Grey series by E. L. James. If you liked 50 Shades, you will probably enjoy this series too. More alpha male billionaire with baggage. Since I began writing reviews, I think I have been a bit more discerning, so I may have been a bit harsher on book 4.

Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4)Captivated by You by Sylvia Day
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read the first 3 books ages ago and really enjoyed them. This one just seemed to be the same thing over and over. The characters continued to make the same mistakes, miscommunicating, fighting etc. There is finally some progress made at the end of the book, but it felt more like a filler book to string the trilogy into a longer series.

Since we didn't get the big wedding yet, I wrote Gideon's vows to cheer up one of my friends. It pretty much sums up the whole book.

Screw, argue, fuck, fight
Take you again 'cause you're so tight
Codependent, baggage issues
Coming, crying, grab the tissues
Try to help, I'll tie you up
Then we will drink from this cursed cup
Own, possess, control, caress
Damaged goods and broken mess
Fight some more, whinging, whining,
Making up with sex and dining,
Fight, fuck, argue, screw
Cum for me I'll cum for you
Cross me and that day you'll rue
One more time, please say I Do.

  • Where: Local library
  • Format: paperback
Purchase links
Amazon | Kobo icon