Freeding aloud

Freeding aloud

Hey Everyone!

I love to read and I want to share that love of reading with my kids. My son had just started reading himself this year. He brings home those school readers, you know the ones with about 3 words on each page. I love listening to him read. Sounding out the words, looking at the pictures to work out what it might be.

He also loves listening to me read aloud. Reading is part of our daily bedtime routine. Both kids choose a picture book that we read together, then it's lie down and listen to a "chapter". My daughter sometimes falls asleep while I'm reading (or if she had a sleep at daycare, she will keep interrupting). My son always strains to keep his eyes open to the end, often asking for "one more chapter" if it has a cliffhanger.
freeding, paperback, library
We are currently working through the Secret Seven books by Enid Blyton.

I loved Enid Blyton when I was young, particularly the fantasy genre books. My son loves mystery books and is really enjoying these.

Each book could be read as a standalone, but we are reading them in order. We just started number 6 tonight. They were written in the 1940s and 1950s, so some concepts and language are a little unfamiliar to this generation. The stories are just as exciting as ever though. They are about seven children (and a dog) who have made up a secret society and have adventures and solve mysteries. I'm giving them all a solid 4 stars so far.
★★★★


  • Where: Local Library
  • Format: Paperback
Here are my reviews of the Secret Seven books on Goodreads.

This series is available to purchase from Amazon here:  The Secret Seven series