Audiofreeding the Classics

Audiofreeding the Classics

Hey Everyone!

I LOVE AUDIOBOOKS! I listen to audiobooks in the car on my way to and from work. I listen to them while doing housework. I listen to them while walking the dog. I listen to them while watching the kids play at the playground. I like to listen here and there. I like to listen everywhere!

I often struggle with the classics, but I have found them much easier to follow if somebody reads them aloud to me. There are lots of people from all over the world who volunteer their time to record audiobooks for Librivox. These books are all in the public domain (no longer under copyright) so are free to download.  One I have read recently is:


Treasure IslandTreasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A classic adventure full of action. Part of the Guttenberg Project, this book is available free from many places. I obtained an audio from Librivox, version 2, which had a great narrator. No need to spend pieces of eight on this book, just enjoy it yo ho ho with a bottle of rum.

I read this one as a Book of the month in the NBRC Goodreads group. In September we had a Pirate takeover in celebration of Talk like a pirate day and had lots of pirate themed fun.