Book Launch Party

10:30 pm 6 Comments A+ a-

Signing my debut novel
Hey Everyone!

I was rapt that my Darwin set story, written and printed in Darwin, was able to have a Darwin book launch party before I head off to cooler weather next week. True to the November in Darwin, the build-up to the wet season was in full force and we all delicately (and not so delicately) perspired in the humid outdoor courtyard (escaping into the air-conditioned shop on occasion to cool off).

Thanks to Mark from Zip Print who printed my paperbacks and to Jo from Viva La Body for hosting the party. 

My husband made it home in time to come along. We've both had a huge week this week - publishing a book and graduating from the military police training course. It was wonderful to spend time with old friends and new friends at my party - from work, from swing dance and my writing buddies. 

Here are some of the highlights.




My proud family


Talking with my hands














And here's some early feedback from one of the launch party attendees about Don't Mean a Thing.

6 comments

Write comments
Janine K
AUTHOR
6 November 2016 at 20:06 delete

Looks like it was a great party Renee! My cousin lives in Darwin I should have told her to come along 😊 Congratulations!

Reply
avatar
6 November 2016 at 21:26 delete

We had a great time Janine. Tell her to come along to The Railway Club in Parap on Wednesday instead for my last swing dance before I leave Darwin.

Reply
avatar
Carla
AUTHOR
7 November 2016 at 09:13 delete

Looks like a fabulous day. Enjoy your travels!

Reply
avatar
Tam Francis
AUTHOR
6 December 2016 at 12:09 delete

Looks like a wonderful turnout. Congratulations. I love how your dress matches your book cover! Can't wait to feature you on my blog. I just finished reading you book and will review it soon. Really love it. So many cool things similar to dancing in the states and killer diller differences that made it so fun for me.

Great job and congrats again! Happy sales.

Reply
avatar
15 December 2016 at 13:22 delete

So glad you loved Don't Mean a Thing :)
Cute dress isn't it - it's from the shop where I had the launch party. It's the same style as the one Macie bought in my book.

Reply
avatar