Any Way You Slice It: An Upper Crust Novella by Monique McDonell

Any Way You Slice It: An Upper Crust Novella by Monique McDonell

Piper Adams has one month to find a husband, and get a green card, or be kicked out of the country just when her chain of Aussie Pie trucks is about to start making some serious money. 

Aaron is an ambitious lawyer keen to make partner but his Boston law firm only promotes lawyers who are married. 

A marriage of convenience could solve both their problems if they keep it strictly business but convincing everyone else that this is true love while trying to convince themselves that it isn’t is a sure recipe for trouble. All the kissing and touching to prove that this is a true love sets the heat rising faster than the pies in Piper’s kitchen. 

While Aaron is happy to be friends with benefits, Piper knows better than to mix business with pleasure, despite the undeniable chemistry. Getting married to save her business is one thing, but falling in love would mean risking her heart. Any way you slice it she’s getting more than she bargained for. 

A little bit like a cross between Grease and The Proposal, Any Way You Slice It is sure to captivate readers who love romantic comedy and chicklit. 

This is the first book in The Upper Crust Series




Hey! Here's my review.

I loved this fun little chick lit novella. I related to Piper and enjoyed the little bits of Australia that made it into the book. All the talk of meat pies made me hungry, and I ended up serving them for dinner the day after I finished reading this.

The marriage of convenience isn't something I've read often and I liked the way Monique handled it. I was egging Piper on to recognise her feelings and take a risk. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next. Thank goodness book 2 and 3 are out and I don't have to wait.


★★★★★ 

  • Where: Amazon
  • Format: ebook

Purchase link (free at time of posting)