The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North

No matter what he does or the decisions he makes, when death comes, Harry always returns to where he began, a child with all the knowledge of a life he has already lived a dozen times before. Nothing ever changes.

Until now.

As Harry nears the end of his eleventh life, a little girl appears at his bedside. ‘I nearly missed you, Doctor August,’ she says. ‘I need to send a message.’

This is the story of what Harry does next, and what he did before, and how he tries to save a past he cannot change and a future he cannot allow.





Hey! Here's my review.

A slow moving spy thriller where the main characters travel through time by being reborn and remembering their past lives. A fascinating concept that made my head explode if I thought about things too much. A blend of literary fiction and science fiction with themes of good and evil and a search for the meaning of life. I found the main character likable and hoped he would prevail. I engaged well with the story as it was told in first person.
★★★
  • Where: Local Library
  • Format: paperback
Purchase links 
Amazon Kobo | iconiTunes | iBooks