Blame by Nicole Trope

Blame by Nicole Trope

'I am here because they suspect me of something. I am here because I am a suspect. I know that, she knows that. Everyone knows that.' Anna

'It wasn't my fault. None of this is my fault!' Caro

Caro and Anna are best friends... they were best friends. Over a decade, Caro and Anna have bonded while raising their daughters, two little girls the same age but living two very different lives. The women have supported each other as they have shared the joys and trials of motherhood, but now everything has changed.

There's been a terrible car accident, an unimaginable tragedy that leaves both families devastated. Over two days as Caro and Anna each detail their own versions of events, they are forced to reveal hidden truths and closely guarded secrets.

The complicated lives of wives and mothers are laid bare as both women come to realise that even best friends don't tell each other everything. And when hearts are broken, even best friends need someone to blame.

A hard- hitting, provocative and gripping read from the queen of white-knuckle suspense and searing family drama.

'If you love writers such as Jodi Picoult, Nicole may just be your cup of tea.' The Hoopla
 




Hey! Here's my review.

A psychological drama that sucked me right in.

A terrible accident has occurred and former best friends Anna and Caro are now in separate rooms telling their own side of the story to the police. In a combination of flashbacks and each character unburdening themselves to the Police, the intricacies of what has happened over the past ten years unfold. Both characters came across as unreliable for different reasons and my opinion as to who was to blame shifted back and forth as I read. 

This book gave realistic insight into alcoholism, miscarriage and the autism spectrum - not representative of everyone, but no two experiences are ever the same. 

I loved how this dark novel gave hope at the end, following up the main characters a few years in the future to show how they'd grown throughout their experience.


★★★★★

  • Where: NetGalley
  • Format: ebook