One Idea

One Idea

Hey Everyone!

The other day I mentioned being interviewed as a blogger and how it brought back all the memories of the teen romance books I used to read. Well, one of the other questions I was asked, was whether I was an aspiring author. I immediately thought "no", but as I was formulating my response, I realised I had written a couple of poems as part of the local fringe festival, and had written a beginner reader book to encourage my six year old son to practice reading. I still said, no, I have no plans to write a novel, then sent off my responses via email. A couple of weeks later, I sent another email with an update to that question....

I had been browsing through some of the other blogs I read when I came across a post that really spoke to me. It was titled The Two Things You Need to Get Started Writing a Book: Time and One Idea. I had always found the idea of writing a whole book to be daunting. I had no idea where to start, or how to plot or how to finish, or.... you get the idea. Well Natasha Lester inspired me! I have some time, so all I need is one idea. I thought about for a couple of days and found my one idea. I started scribbling things in a notebook. The next day I typed out a couple of hundred words for a scene somewhere in the middle of the book. I didn't know where it was going yet, but I started! A couple of days later, Karan another online friend encouraged me to join Camp NaNoWriMo. So I did. Maybe, one day, I'll be able to say Hey Everyone! I just wrote this book.......




Do you have any tips for aspiring authors?