The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton

The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton

Joe, Beth and Frannie take their cousin Rick on an adventure he'll never forget. Find out how they escape from the Land of Dreams, what goes wrong in the Land of Topsy-Turvy, and who drives a runaway train in the Land of Do-As-You-Please.



Hey! Here's my review.

This was my favourite series when I was a kid. I have been waiting years until my kids were old enough to read it to them. Their grandparents gave them a copy for Christmas. It's not quite the same with Beth, Frannie, Joe and Rick instead of Bessie, Fanny, Jo and Dick, but still a great tale (with much less giggling about Fanny and Dick....)

This is book two in the series. You can also read our review of book 1 - The Enchanted Wood

**Interview with my 4 year old daughter**

Me: What did you think of the book?
Her: They are so booful (beautiful) all of them.

Me: Which bit did you like the best?
Her: When they go down the lide (slide)

Me: Who was your favourite character?
Her: Um, I need a look on a book. Him (points to boy on cover)
Me: Who's that?
Her: Don't know
Me: Is that Rick or Joe?
Her; Wick (Rick)

Me: Which land would you like to go to?
Her: Upsydown land (The land of topsy turvy)
Me: Why would you like to go there?
Her: Because everything is upsydown and I like upsydown (tries to do a handstand)

Me: Do you want to read more about them?
Her: You know I'm friends with ants. (She spots a couple of ants on the floor)
Me: Yes, but do you want to read more about the faraway tree?
Her: Nods.


 ★★★★★   


  • Where: Christmas gift from Grandparents
  • Format: paperback
Purchase link