Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Layken and Will have managed to overcome the obstacles that threatened to destroy their love, proving that they are destined for one another. What they are about to learn, however, is that the things that have brought them together may be the very things that ruin their connection forever...

Layken is left second-guessing the relationship whilst Will is jumping over hurdles to prove his love for her. What the young lovers discover about themselves along this journey may change their entire world, and the lives of those who depend upon them the most...
 




Hey! Here's my review.

This is the second book in the Slammed series. I loved the first book and started this immediately after finishing the first one - well maybe after that short mourning period you have after finishing an awesome book. I borrowed the whole series from the library at once, because I knew I would want to read them all in a row. I have recently been introduced to Colleen Hoover and I'm proceeding to devour everything I can find. 

Book one was from the POV of Layken, this book is from the POV of Will. It was not a rehash of the same story, but what happens next. There were the same characters that I loved from the first book, with the addition of Kiersten who was also fantastic. Layken came across as more insecure this time, but we can't be perfect all the time. Lots of sexual tension, but I was glad they didn't jump into bed too soon. Nice morals to promote for a YA book - I have a daughter and it's amazing how much your attitude changes from when you are a teenager to when you are a mother.

Book one had me teary from early on, so I was expecting something similar this time around. I got through most of the book without the tissues. The end of Part One slapped me in the face but I felt more shock than anything else. The poetry near the end brought out the tears again and pushed my review from 4 to 5 stars. I'm not interested in reading books of poetry, but the poetry in this series is put in context, so I get so much more out of it. This series would be awesome on audio. 


★★★★
Purchase links
 Amazon Kobo iconiTunes | iBooks