Audiofreeding ebooks

Audiofreeding ebooks

Hey Everyone!

app

I love audiobooks, as you may have heard me say before. I always have an audiobook on the go. Sometimes I have too many ebooks I want to read at once, so I convert one of them to an audiobook with a Text-to-Speech app on my phone. I've played around with a few apps and this is currently my favourite combination. These apps are for android and currently available in the Google Play store for free.



app

FBReader with the FBReader TTS+ Plugin. This is available to use the Text-to-speech function built into your phone, but I prefer an Aussie accent, so I also installed IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ with the IVONA Nicole AU English Beta voice. All of these were available free.

Some of the features I like most about this setup is the ability to adjust the speed and pitch of the narration. There is also an option to edit speech - so if a particular word is pronounced incorrectly, you can add the word to the edit speech section and add the phonetic pronunciation. I have found this really handy for words such as lasagne and merlot. This was the only set up I found with the option for an Australian accent and the ability to use offline.
  • Where: Google Play store, links above